Monday, July 8, 2013

Physically and Mentally



Not only am I exhausted from working my butt off physically, I am exhausted working my butt off mentally. Today, I worked at an English school in the Slums. Creating lesson plans and preparing myself to teach a class brought me back to Nicaragua. It brought me back to Nicaragua because no matter how prepared you thought you were, you would always be incredibly surprised. For example, today I taught two hour-long classes at an English school in the slums. The kids in these classes were amazing. Their willingness to learn inspired me right away to try my absolute hardest and get as much done in that small hour window that I could.
In the afternoon we worked on the boys' house some more. We finished the roof and the foundation for the house. It is truly incredible to see the hard work that you put into something pay off right in front of your eyes. It’s even more incredible to see how thankful these boys are. Every time I set down a tool when I would get some water almost every boy would try to grab it and finish the job I was working on. I would literally have to chase them down and grab it from them! When they are not trying to help you build, they are profusely thanking you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kevy, It's your dad, remember me?
    I love keeping up with what you're doing in Cambodia. Keep the blog going!
    Mom, Christian and Jack left today to hike from Aspen to CB and back. I decided to stay home with Huck and wait for you to come home so we can do that hike together.

    Sounds like you're working hard. Keep it up. I'm super proud of you.

    ReplyDelete