Sunday, July 14, 2013

Letting Go


Yesterday, July 14, was our last day at the Cambodia Peace Orphanage. Saying goodbye to those amazing kids at CPO was one of the hardest things I think I have ever done. To be honest, I have not experienced something even remotely close to what I experienced yesterday. When some of these kids said goodbye, they would hug you with all of their might and say something like, "Goodbye brother. Good luck, I love you. I miss you. I hope I can see you again." Having someone tell you that is honestly one of the greatest feelings a person can endure. 

After we said goodbye to each incredible person at CPO we somehow managed to get ourselves to the tuk tuks. Right as I got on the tuk tuk Nirot who is a little, tough guy came up to me in tears saying goodbye. I held Nirot's hand as we started driving away. Nirot was running as fast as he could for as long as he could while holding my hand as we were driving away. But it wasn’t long until Nirot couldn't keep up with the tuk tuk and unfortunately I had to let go. 

Going on this trip has changed the outlook of my life. These kids have inspired me to live my life a different way. These kids have taught me so much and I will never forget them. Thank you everyone who helped me on this incredible journey! I cannot wait to get home and share my incredible experiences with friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment