Saturday, July 13, 2013

Make It Count

It feels like we just got here. However, it feels like I have known these kids my entire life. Knowing most of their life stories and pretty much everything about them, I feel like I have known most of these kids my entire life. It feels like that because from the first day we got to the orphanage ALL of the kids greeted us with open arms, love in their hearts, and trust in their eyes. It is truly insane how much they trust me since they have only known me a short while. I know how much they trust me because like my mom always says,"The first and most important thing in any type of relationship is trust." And some of the kids at the orphanage and I have built some incredibly strong, trusting relationships. They have taught me things I will never forget.

As our last day at the orphanage comes right before our eyes, I have come to realize that these next 10 hours will most likely be that last time I will ever spend with these kids. So I have to live in the moment and make every single second count. It will be incredibly hard to say goodbye, but I know I am going to have to say that to these incredible kids at some point. Sadly, that point will be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment