Saturday, August 11, 2012

Thursday and Friday


Thursday: Unfortunately the only bus Escuela Especial has (that carries majority of the kids) broke down. Therefore the few kids that walked to school were the only ones that were able to go to school.
There are only a few students that walk to Escuela Especial, so there were only three students in Senora Yahoska's class. One of those kids was Ramon, who desperately needed the one on one he got Thursday. I was so relieved when I saw him get that one on one teaching he desperately needed. He progressed in his studies so much in one day it was phenomenal. I keep thinking how much more he could progress in his school work if he got that one on one on a regular basis.

Friday: Friday was our last day at Escuela Especial. Since it was our last day there we had a fun little party. Even some parents and family members came.

First, we had lunch and dessert. Then, it was time for candy and pinatas! After the pinatas were absolutely destroyed, the staff members had a little surprise for us. The principal gave a speech saying how much we have done and what we meant to the students and staff members of Escuela Especial. She mostly talked about how much the students are going to miss us. Once she was done with the speech, a group of students gave each of us going away presents. These kids do not have a lot, so for them to get all of us presents is really something special! This just showed how much they cared about us and how thankful they were for us. After the speech and some tears, these amazing students had to leave. As I watched them drive away, I started to cry a little bit. I was so sad when I realized I might not be able to see these kids again for a long time.

I am really going to miss these kids, they will all have a spot in my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment