Friday, August 3, 2012

Everybody has to love their Grandma.

On Wednesday at Escuela Especial I was assigned to set up the two LG computers. At first I started to panic because I have never set up a computer in my life. I also know how frustrating computers can be sometimes, but I still gave it a try. I am so thankful I tried because I learned a valuable lesson. I learned that if don't know how to do something give it a try. Eventually things will workout. Unfortunately I spent the whole school day setting up the computers so I did not have time to work with the kids.

Once the school day was over I got to go on some home visits where I met two year old Rosa who has Infantile Cerebral Palsy. Rosa was an unplanned surprise to her 15 year old mother(who is currently 16). Sadly Rosa's mother did not care for her so after Rosa was born she was taken home where she was malnourished and ignored. Imelda(Rosa's Grandmother) saw that Rosa was being ignored and neglected and wasn't getting the help she needed, so Imelda told Rosa's mother that if she was not going to care for Rosa then she would take Rosa off her hands. Which is exactly what Imelda did. Rosa is healthier than ever and is currently living with her Grandmother. She is also taking her medication and getting the physical therapy she needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment