Monday, July 30, 2012

First Day

Words cannot describe how anxious I was when we were on our way to go to Esquela Especial and meet the students for the first time! It felt like my first day at Stone Creek all over again. Jenna and I were assigned to Senora Yahoska's class. I fell in love with that classroom the second I walked in. It's because the second I walked into that classroom, I was greeted with hugs from everyone and even some kisses from students whom I hadn't even met yet.

It has only been one day and I already have my secret favorites. Conchita, and Ramon, are very quiet and gentle. They love giving you hugs, and they are both very smart. Marling and I are tight. After a few hours of helping Marling she told me to stick my hand out. I did it because I thought she was going to shake my hand. Instead she gave me knuckles! I was the happiest person in the world at that point. At one point Marling had me in a full on headlock because she did not want me to help anyone else. And there is no possible way I could forget about Yoysi. Yoysi is quite the character. She is hyperactive, she is very loud, physical, and it may not look like it, but she is so caring.

At recess/lunch I was playing soccer with some of the deaf students. I am still a little unsure of their names but they are killer soccer players. I was astounded by how good they are. There was a boy who was 14 years old who was much better than me. Now as most of you know I am not the greatest soccer player in the Eagle Valley but still this kid had some talent.

I am so thankful to be here and I can't wait to have another amazing day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Kevin!!

    I am amazed at your start. You have such a great heart and a great experience in front of you. Enjoy every minute!
    Omi says....."Now you know why Omi is still teaching. She always had her favorites for different reasons. Maybe you will teach school when your time comes. You have to get up on time ...or else or pay the piper (Omi laugh)". That is from Omi.....not me!

    Love you tons,
    Aunt Marci

    ReplyDelete